Sunday, November 04, 2007

Overthinking things

Among the many thoughts I've spent too many hours on lately:

Growing up sucks. If I could pick an age that I had to be for the rest of my life, it would be 21. Old enough for the fun stuff. Young enough to not have too many responsibilities.

Is it better to have material privileges that come with emotionally challenging hurdles or little material privilege but a lot of emotional freedom? I think the latter is preferable. Then again, I was born into the former. Perhaps the grass is greener? I don't know..

Gone With the Wind is a brilliant book and a great movie. But not the best thing to fall asleep to.. How is it that relationships are as complicated in 2007 as they were in 1857? It's been 150 years.. aren't we supposed to evolve??

Certain things should be simple. You work hard, you're rewarded. You're talented, you're rewarded. Period. There should be no "but.."

Waaay too much thinking for someone with limited time. I recently complained to my mother that the whole notion that "your twenties are the best years of your life" is crap. There was a slight pause. And then: "Of course they're not the best years! They're confusing and challenging because you have to make life-changing decisions without being equipped with the maturity and experience to do so."

Great.

Well, at least I know I'm not totally crazy. Apparently, cluelessness is expected.

Phew.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relationships aren't complex - humans are. So, when can I take you out for a Broadway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home