Friday, November 10, 2006

Expanding horizons...

I met an awesome group of people tonight. They're some of the most aware, intelligent, warm, real people I've met in a long time. They are Iraq veterans.

It's always so interesting to step into a world so different from my own. And to then discover that the differences don't matter when it comes to relating to people. Of course I could never imagine the life experiences they've had -- but that doesn't mean we can't hang out, eat some dinner, talk some politics, and then just have a good time.

Did I mention they were crazy fun?

2 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger sac said...

i hope they retain that humanity on the battlefield too..

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger rhea said...

sac: actually, they're a lot more human than i was expecting (my expectations were based on cliched images of military men). besides, the vets i met were all against this war.

pri: can't tell you how much i'm waiting to be done with school -- totally knackered myself. what class are you taking?
and an insane interest in people is why i'm a writer! meeting all those different folk... that's kinda what i live for :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home