Saturday, September 16, 2006

Swoon


I saw Usher last night. Sigh. Two hours of Usher indoors and 30 minutes of waiting in the cold and drizzle to behave like a groupie. Wish I'd had a real camera with me, but had to make do with a camera phone and being several feet away -- with the result that you can't really tell it's him. Still, it was... sigh...





I've seen Chicago on Broadway before, but he added a whole new dimension to this experience. I couldn't stop smiling. Especially when he threw his little Usher riffs into the songs or busted out an Usher move while dancing. Totally adorable. I thought he played the part quite well -- eventhough it was hard to forget it was Usher down there and not Billy Flynn. Still, that's really my fault, not his.

3 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger sinusoidally said...

Wow you saw him! I have seen Chicago before on Broadway too as well and was contemplating watching it again with Usher in it...so is it worth it for a repeat?

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger rhea said...

sines: i thought it was worth the repeat to see him. BUT a) it had been a few years since i last saw the show and b) we got our tickets for free.
that said, i would have paid to see it. though someone standing next to me said she paid $200+ it's not worth THAT much.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger ~*sim*~ said...

next step: watch ashlee simpson in the west end??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home