Sunday, November 12, 2006

Last night...

...I realized what a difference friendliness makes. I would trek back to Brooklyn on the unreliable R train just because everybody smiled. From the maitre d' to the bartender to the waiter to the busboy. It was like being "where everybody knows your name."

...I realized (again) that I find concrete strangely beautiful. Well, not all concrete -- but the Manhattan skyline. There's something eerily lovely about it.

...I realized that knee-high boots, while making me about 3 inches taller and doing whatever it is that boots do, still don't make me feel as good as spindly-heeled sandals that show off a pedicure do. (I really need to live somewhere warm).

5 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger rhea said...

pri: i totally hear you on all of that. it's how i feel about manhattan, too (except that i only like the empire state bldg from afar -- too many damn tourists in this city!)

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always post a picture of your pretty feet on your blog :)

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger rhea said...

anonymous: ummm... foot fetish?

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger rhea said...

pri: and he's totally worth living for!

i'm having a hard time imagining you as 'not cool', despite what you say :) and new york loves ya, even if you make us break our hurried strides on the sidewalk.

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no... only because you wanted to show them off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home