Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving

The day didn't start that brilliantly -- I woke up at 5:45 AM (and I am not a morning person), it was pouring rain, rode around in a shuttle for an hour before getting dropped off at the airport, waited for an inevitably delayed flight, finally boarded only to find someone already in my seat..

That's when my day took a turn for the better. The lady in my seat wanted me to change seats with her so she could sit with her little girl. Naturally, I said yes. There was just one little hiccup -- her seat wasn't an aisle and I'm claustraphobic. The flight attendant offered to find me an aisle -- only, the cabin was totally full. But, wait a minute -- first class wasn't!

Yup, day definitely improved. Landed in Chicago to find the weather beautiful (despite everyone's dire predictions), my favorite favorite cousin waiting, long drives with lots to talk about, gorgeous niece and nephew*, guilt-free french fries and ice cream cake, long afternoons with nothing to do but "be"...

I love Thanksgiving.


*(While my niece and nephew are gorgeous and adorable and cuddly, they did introduce me to the ultimate nightmare toy -- click on "demo" and you'll see what I mean. It's still playing in my head...)

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks vicious! grin

i always did like tigger a lot tho, he had a certain coolness to him.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger sac said...

a bouncy Calvin - now there's a role model for three year olds..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home