Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Frenzied

The only way to describe my life at the moment. 24 hours are simply not enough. I've hardly had a moment to breathe deeply, forget being able to blog. Even this is merely a fleeting moment of semi-calm (I am, in fact, multi-tasking as I type).

Between chasing down landlords who cut off the heat when temperatures drop below freezing, attending evangelical church services for academic purposes, trying not to grossly neglect my little apartment while keeping up with social obligations, and working hard to impress at work while trying to line up even more work, I haven't had two minutes to myself where I wasn't thinking, "What do I have to do next?"

So, am really looking forward to Christmas. It's my favorite time of year -- it reminds me of home and being a little girl and all kinds of other warm fuzzy thoughts. I finally went past Rockefeller Center today (yes, I braved the thronging tourists) to peek at the tree and it's so big and breathtaking and got me even more into the spirit, corny as that sounds. But perhaps I'm most happy that I will actually be on a plane soon and with part of my family for the holidays. This poor little New York girl needs some old-fashioned pampering. And so does her blog, if it has any hope of survival.

6 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pamper


all paperwork came through for you to be leaving on the jet plane? got a flight plan?

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger sinusoidally said...

Merry Christmas Rhea! Hope you have a lovely time with the family. I will be in the ICU on Christmas day...alas my life has no hope. Are you free friday night on Dec 22nd, I may come to the city.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger rhea said...

k: yup, most of it came through and i'm winging the rest. flight plan goes through heathrow, ironically.

sines: awww, no i won't be here on the 22nd -- will be several oceans and continents away. we'll have to do it in the new year.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be in HK for Xmas? Or back home? Either way, your folks will be happy to see you. You can demand to be pampered haha

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rhe: you're a writer. you're indomitable, imperturbable, irrepressible. you ain't going nowhere, girlie!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger rhea said...

starfish: HK. given how things are, thought i should. but yes, will certainly be demanding pampering!

sim: sigh. yes. it's a curse and a blessing being a writer. once you're bitten by the bug...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home