Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Belated new year reflections

First post of 2007 -- and it's nearly 10 days into the new year. I think it's just taken this long to sink in that another year has already passed. And although I'm not one for resolutions, the end of a year -- and especially one as eventful as this last one -- warrants some reflecting. So, here it is.

3 Things I Achieved in 2006:
- Completed a Masters degree
- Began healing an important relationship
- Got published a handful of times and my name on mastheads of 2 different publications

4 Things I Learned in 2006:
- That networking is an essential life skill
- That it's better to ask rather than assume
- That things do happen when you don't expect them to
- That chasing dreams is worth it

5 Things I Want in 2007:
- My dream job
- More opportunities for travel
- To be known as an awesome cook! :)
- More shoes
- More love

On a more serious note, 2006 was one of the most difficult years I've had in my not-so-long life. And perhaps I'm stronger for it. So, I guess the 6th thing I want for 2007 is that the people I love stay in good health. So... you know, stop smoking, people.

And a resolution I'd like to make and stick by (fingers crossed): stay in better touch with my friends and family. I've had a lot of distractions and a lot of good excuses for letting it slide. But hey, we're none of us that overwhelmed by life, are we? So, I guess I also want better time management skills for 2007.

Ok. So. Happy New Year.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good plan. i've developed a new found respect for high heels.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rhea, Happy New Year! I haven't been to your blog for sometime and I am surprised I do not have much catching up to do! The *smoke* thing you have mentioned is really nice..I have been trying to convince my friends(all my close friends are chimneys)and my brother to quit smoking for sometime..they just don't hear me. Wish you success and your dream job..

V.A

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger rhea said...

v.a: thanks. yeah, the holiday season tends to be slow -- so much else to do. blogging falls by the wayside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home