Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Where did the week go?

I'm in list-making mode -- not because that's what I'm like, but because it seems like the only way to catch up. For a writer, I've been most unwriterly. And this is my penance. To write in bullets rather than prose.

Things that annoyed me this week:
- The Indian Consulate in New York (How are we one of the fastest developing countries when the overseas "gateways to India" are so shabby?)
- Them (Yes, she's beautiful but please.)

Things that pleased me this week:
- A fashion exhibit at the Met (Sigh, sigh... to own so much couture! If only. Oh and I'm a Valentino girl.)
- My ubersuccessful spiced beef cornbread cobbler (Am going to become domestic goddess as promised in my New Year's resolutions!)
- Mellow wine bars (Prosecco -- yummy!) with adorable mascots (Yes you, Buckwheat!)

Randomness this week:
- Realizing what a small world it is on opening night of "Guru" (it was.. okay. I just love AB2; not so much his taste.)
- Realizing, again (and again and again...) that Bangalore is a small, small pond.

4 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! you belong to B'lore? Even my birthplace is B'lore..Anyway that is besides the point.

I wanted to share this blogsite with you. Please visit whenever you find time, you might just like it.

http://joinred.blogspot.com/

VA.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger rhea said...

VA: actually, no. i don't belong to bangalore.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no one belongs to anyone. we are all free spirts, chaseing our dreams through the harsh fields of reality.


corny...

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'K' I agree with you..Shouldn't have 'belonged' anywhere.. Yesterday on my way to work there was this billboard, guess what the punch line was "It pays to unbelong". I think it was for Black dog..very apt!

Yes I have dreams, I am chasing them and I am quite relentless at that...Though the reality isn't particularly harsh..

VA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home