Saturday, February 03, 2007

Perspective

Yesterday was a high adrenaline day. You know, the kind where you're in overdrive, doing a hundred things, thinking a hundred contradictory thoughts, basically driving yourself a little closer to the edge. For me, the most reliable indication is when one drink makes me feel like I've had 4. Brakes. The stuff I was sweating was really small, not to mention out of my control anyway.

Especially compared to the other stuff going on -- for instance, my dog nearly died. Short version: found a tumor, had to operate, got infected, she lost her tail (if you know her, you know how big a deal that is; it was practically part of her personality). But, thankfully, we didn't lose her altogether. She's not out of the woods yet. Send a little thought her way if you have a moment.

"Sleeping on it" puts things back in perspective. I'm not gonna let the small stuff get to me -- at least not for this week.

4 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she'll still have that bouncy tuft of hair insistently sticking up on the top of her head, won't she? so she'll be *just* fine.

you just get busy making Big Day plans and stay happy!

Mangs

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Scatterbrained said...

I gather she has a strong personality...it is just a passing phase. Give her TLC double dosage and she will OK!

VA

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger rhea said...

mangs: thank you.. and you're right. with the alfalfa hair, how can she not be okay..

VA: strong?? you can't ignore her. she believes she is the center of our universe (which she kind of is).

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Scatterbrained said...

OK...then give her a digital rose from my side..@>-/

Vinayakan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home