Tuesday, March 27, 2007

And then there was one...

One of the defining features of my undergraduate life was "the boys."
"See you guys, I'm off to see the boys."
"Where's Rhea?" "She's probably with the boys."
There were four (the ranks grew over the years, but they were the core).
Completely different characters. Incredibly loyal friendships. Always up for some fun. They expanded, among other things, my music selection, my TV show choices, my bar preferences and my penchant for spontaneity. Life with "the boys" was always interesting. As were the women who popped in and out of their lives.
Cut to 4 years later.
1 married.
2 engaged.
1 to go...
Who would've thunk it?

5 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger nan said...

Actually, I for one always found it confusing when you said you were "off with the boys". I just figured you meant it in a more general sense.

Clearly I've been giving you flak over nothing all these years.

hehe...Sorry.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Scatterbrained said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Scatterbrained said...

New York or New New Delhi..Boston or Budapest..*the boys* are always nice people to be with. Different characters, loyal friendships, up for some fun are a given. We enrich and energize lives and times of the people we come in contact with! And when you throw in "women who popped in and out of their lives"...angle..its like royal icing on a very well made cake with a shiny red cherry on top!

N'joy!

VA

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger rhea said...

nans: i didn't say i didn't also mean it in a more general sense sometimes.. :)
btw, all the niceness.. scaring me a little!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Guys this is completely unrelated but I think we should go on holiday together! I miss Iceland! And yeah Nan why do you sound so...pleasant? Are you on something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home